Those of you who know me well know that I love lists. I am positively addicted to my “Ampad Project Organizer”, and write a list in it every day. Without it, I feel unanchored. Today, I was reading Beth’s blog, and she had this great list. In the spirit of list making (and not having those photos of new work that I promised!)… a Life List:
(I’ve highlighted the things I’ve done)
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars- Joshua Tree was especially memorable
3. Played in a band- not a rock band, but jazz band and orchestra/concert bands for 8 years.
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower- on the hood of a car, when I was 15
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13.Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill 24. Built a snow fort- with my kids, as an adult
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied-
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing- a few times. I was the crazy girl too paralyzed to move. Never again.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung Karaoke- Last year, in NYC, koreatown. The dynamic duo made me do it.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance – when I was 11, I ran through a sliding glass door, and then told the ambulance workers all the jokes I knew. Which, when you are 11 is a lot.
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud – I don’t think I did much else as a child. Much to my mother’s frustration. We stole all of her spoons to make mud pies.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater – Grew up going to the drive in with my parents. went as a teenager to the Santa Cruz drive in.
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business – I had a jewelry making business for a few years.
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies – And tons of chocolate for concert band in middle school.
62. Gone whale watching
63. Gotten flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check – All the way to china and back.
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar- once was enough (I agree with Beth)
72. Pieced a quilt- very badly, I might add.
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book *someday…
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby – two, now 12 and 15!
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit- sued my landlord in college for not giving me back my deposit. I won.
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
I’ll Add #100, Little Known Fact: Played the baritone sax in junior high and high school jazz band. I could make a lot of noise with that thing.